The “start up” smart tech company, Brilliant, has emerged out of nowhere and is revolutionizing the home light switch as we know it.
The game changer
In 2017, Brilliant brought their prototype “smart control panel” into production and into our homes. This new revolutionary control panel was quickly recognized as an innovative way to fully integrate all of your home tech. In a sense giving your home a brain. By using the digital touch screen or simple verbal commands, this switch can control your homes lights, air conditioning, intercom system, video surveillance, music and much more.
Brilliant’s Bright Future
Brilliant’s new smart switch made a lot of buzz at the 2018 tech convention CES in Las Vegas. Right from the get go, you see Brilliant has an eye for what the consumer and home owner wants. By adding the ability to access Alexa, Sonos speaker, Nest thermostat, and even take photos, this control panel immediately stands out amongst it’s competitors. Wink and Belkin did beat Brilliant to the home control panels market, but Brilliant has quickly jumped ahead of the with its many features such as a built in camera and even the ability to make video calls. But these additional features do come at a cost. The Wink Relay control panel can be purchased off amazon for $90 per panel, while Brilliant is selling their basic for $200. Their four switch panel is priced at $399.99. Brilliant has offered a $50 discount for pre-ordering their panels directly from their website, by they are expected to be the full $200 once it hits store shelves later in February 2018.
- Fully integrates all of your home’s smart technology into one sleek panel.
- Its many features gives you the ability personalize each room with separate lighting, entertainment, and ambiance.
- With full control of all utilities so handy, you can expect monthly electric bills to be lower when used properly.
The not so good
- With all new technology, there is an expected period of trial and error. It will take some time for Brilliant to work all the kinks out.
- For your entire home to be connected you will need a panel in every room. At up to $400.00 per panel, this can get costly. Granted, once everything in connected, it’s pretty amazing.
Brilliant is clearly onto something big here. It may have initial hiccups like any new production, but once they oil this machine they created, I see it in every single home.